Blue Bucks are the campus currency at the University of Michigan. Use them for on-campus dining, books and fan gear, laundry in the residence halls and vending machine snacks.
Easy to Use
When you buy Blue Bucks, they are instantly credited to your Mcard. Making a purchase is easy, too—just swipe your Mcard at the register to pay.
There’s no need to carry cash with Blue Bucks. Just use your Mcard at any on-campus location, including campus cafés and markets, dining halls, residential hall laundry rooms, vending machines and athletic venues.
Blue Bucks are refundable and never expire. They automatically roll over from year to year as long as you’re a student or an employee of the University.
Add Blue Bucks
Online Visit MyPlan
Log into MyPlan and select “Add Blue Bucks” to purchase Blue Bucks online. You can bill them to your student account or use a bank account to pay.
If you’d like friends or family to view your account or add Blue Bucks online, you must authorize them to set up a guest account.
If you need a refund, email us at email@example.com.
Blue Bucks Basics
- Blue Bucks cannot be used to purchase gift cards.
- A $10 minimum deposit is required for in-person deposits at Michigan Dining markets and cafés.
- A $50 minimum deposit is required to bill your student account.
- A $25 minimum deposit is required to bill a checking account. In the event that an electronic check does not clear, a $20 fee will be assessed.
- Student refunds are credited to the Student Account.
- Balances of less than $5 are forfeited and cannot be refunded.
- Refer to the Blue Bucks Account Disclosure Statement for full terms and conditions.